Saturday, January 31, 2009

Old Engine Oil: Of Traveling, And Following

Traveling.
My little pick up truck turned over 100,000 miles this week; not while on the way to some exotic vacation destination, or while en route to perform some heroic deed, just simply on the way to work at 4:45 in the morning. Just me, my truck, and a few anonymous travelers on southbound I-17. I think my dad would have thought that was cool.

So, to honor the event, I sampled a bottle of Harviestoun Old Engine Oil Black Ale this week. This one has a definite chocolate smell and pours a dark brown with a lovely tan head. It’s altogether a great looking beer with a quirky name to be sure. Old Engine Oil has a burnt sooty taste with an initial hint of chocolate. It reminds me of Mackeson Triple Stout, but at quite a higher price. I like this beer enough to buy it again, but probably won’t because of the cost. Hey, I’m the guy with the truck that’s got over 100,000 miles. Call me frugal. Call me cheap. Just call me!

Following.
Hey! I note with happiness and pride that I have 9 followers to this goofy little beer blog! That’s really nice and I try to reciprocate by visiting the blogs and webpages of the wonderful folks who sign on to follow Beer Rant. Hopefully in an upcoming post, I can acknowledge each of you and include links directly to your blogs and so forth, but for now, just a big thank you for stopping by to visit now and then – I know you have better things to do with your time.

2 comments:

the said...

Nice aerial view!

By the way...I re-added you to my newly recovered blogroll.

Michael said...

Hey Wort! Thanks for dropping by! Glad to know I'm still on your "list." Great to see some new posts at Lagerheads! You come back anytime and put your feet up on the furniture - I do!

Yeah, I'm lately entrigued by the overhead view of a glass of stout...

Colorado Beer Facts

Denver Colorado Beer Facts