Monday, January 26, 2009

Labatt Blue: All the Exoticism of the Corner Bar

Thermometer didn’t quite reach 60 degrees on the back patio here at Beer Rant Headquarters today. A bit of a cool snap by our standards. In keeping with the chill wind, I grabbed a bottle of Canada’s Labatt Blue Imported pilsner for an after lunch treat.

Today’s expedition notes indicate Labatt’s has a sour corn or grain smell, pours a light yellow color with a weak head and low, slow beading. The taste is of faintly sweet grain.

I suppose whether I liked Labatt Blue or not is immaterial, since what I did actually like about the beer was more difficult to quantify than just the taste. This beer reminds me of that good old cheap bar beer you’re used to getting down at the corner watering hole. That’s it.

I figured I’d visit the Labatt website and after a quick search I found what I think is their site, but let me warn you, don’t expect to learn anything about their beer ‘cause at this website, it's all about the hockey!

(Sorry, no jokes about Canada, or references to “eh,” or “hoser,” or that place called the “Great White North.”)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gotta say it: Labatt's Blue is not a Pilsner. It's an insipid foul tasting alcohol delivery beverage. If you want to taste THE real Pilsner, try Pilsner Urquell.

Colorado Beer Facts

Denver Colorado Beer Facts