Thursday, February 5, 2009

Last of the Winter Wine?

The holidays are definitely over and it seems that some of those special winter beers that I'd loved so much - and so well - are long gone. I can't tell you when I last saw a bottle of Shiner Holiday Cheer and though I was tickled to find six-packs of Anchor Christmas beer on sale for $3.99 a couple weeks ago, I had the sad duty of pouring the last of that six-pack last night. I still have a couple bottles of Gordon Biersch Winter Bock, even as their local outlet is announcing the tapping of their most recent seasonal (an alt if I remember right).

So, imagine my indescribable joy when I stumbled upon six-packs of Pyramid Snow Cap on sale at the local grocery store this afternoon. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I'd wandered in there hoping to score a carton of Sam Adams' Blackberry Witbier. Didn't find the blackberry but the two cartons of Snow Cap will (hopefully) dribble away slowly over the next few months and, as their shelf life of June 2009 approaches, I'll sit in the shade of the back patio here at Beer Rant HQ and watch the grandchildren grow and the summer seasonals march by. I think it will be grand. I'm almost looking forward to the hot weather that spring ushers in! Bring it on!

No comments:

Colorado Beer Facts

Denver Colorado Beer Facts