Friday, May 16, 2008

American Craft Beer Week Day Four: New Belgium Brewing Springboard

Quick and to the point today friends.

Tried New Belgium Brewing’s Springboard. It’s something of a summer ale with strong suggestions of citrus – almost an orange juice sort of taste, really. Smells of yeast in the bottle and citrus in the glass. Pours a very light, wheat color in a pint glass – New Belgium recommends a snifter type glass that I don’t own (sorry).

This beer tastes really good – when it's labeled Blue Moon. I don’t know that I’ll track this one down again. It’s too light and the citrus taste is too noticeable for my tastes. Perhaps if I acquire the “correct” type of glass, I’ll pour another one to give Springboard another shot. I will say that I’ve liked everything else from New Belgium that I’ve tried in the past – my personal favorite of the others right now is 2 Below.

Here’s a link to the New Belgium Brewing website:
http://www.newbelgium.com/flash/

Since I don’t have time to expound at length today, here’s the Wikipedia definition of “craft beer” (glad to see New Belgium is on the list, otherwise I just wasted an afternoon).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craft_beer#Craft_beer
(Disclaimer: Yes, in case someone is actually out there reading these posts, and assuming they're actually paying attention, the review for this beer should have been posted yesterday. Rest assured, this beer was sampled on day four of American Craft Beer Week, even if your host was too busy to actually post the results the same day.)

No comments:

Colorado Beer Facts

Denver Colorado Beer Facts