Wednesday, May 21, 2008

American Craft Beer Week Day 5: Green Flash Nut Brown Ale

Uggggggh. Imagine the pain and sickness of a hangover without the lingering pleasant memory of a night of overindulgence.

I’d planned to make a post on all 7 days of American Craft Beer Week, each day sampling a different American Craft Beer – well, sure I did.

On Friday (Day 5) I enjoyed a light lunch with a glass of Green Flash Brewing Nut Brown Ale. All well and good until about a half hour later.

For dessert I came down with the stomach flu and pretty much slept through Day 6 and Day 7 of American Craft Beer Week and the better part of Day 1 of the unnamed week that typically follows American Craft Beer Week. (I think I’ll suggest that the week after American Craft Beer Week be called American Hangover Recovery Week for those who might have enjoyed ACBW too much, or American Groggy Emergence From the Stomach Flu Week, for poor saps like me who didn’t get to enjoy the entire Craft Beer experience for its full 7 days of glory.)

At any rate, I was eating lunch but paying attention and taking notes when I sampled the Green Flash Nut Brown Ale. A bit of a disclaimer here: unlike the other beers I sampled on Day 1 through 4, I have actually had a six-pack or so of the Green Flash Nut Brown.

Here are the highlights from my notebook:

Smells of hops in the bottle and grass and hops in the glass. Dark tea color. Head thin. Tastes of bread. Flavor gone quickly. Not too heavy.

This isn’t a bad beer. Obviously I’ve purchased this beer before and would probably do so again. I will not seek this particular beer out in the near future because thoughts of it currently evoke strange flu like symptoms that are all in my head.


To your health, and mine!

No comments:

Colorado Beer Facts

Denver Colorado Beer Facts