Monday, February 22, 2010

Housekeeping: Post #140

Sidebar Stuff
Those of you reading this with one eye open may not have noticed that I’ve broken the blog roll into two parts. “Regular” beer blogs will continue to be shown where they’ve always been shown, but now I’ve also got a list of “Western Beer Blogs.”

Currently I’ve placed the blogs that I know originate west of the western Kansas border in the Western Beer Blogs list and there’s still a bit of clean up and adjustment to be made there, but it’s a start. Those of you who maintain a beer blog that’s based in the Western U.S. please let me know and I’ll put you on that list, for sure. Likewise if you know of a Western beer blog that I’ve missed, please say the word.

You’ll also note that I’ve posted a dozen or more new photos in the Beer Rant’s Beer Photos section (at left). I’ve gotten behind on my housekeeping here lately and didn’t realize there were a number of nice (I think) beer photos stacked up on the hard drive.

I’ve also dropkicked the 2009 Gimmick Poll Results to clear up space on the sidebar. The top vote getters were “drink only beers from western states” (which I’m trying to do), and “post guest columns by other beer bloggers” (which I’m also working to address).

I got a coupon!
Evidently the Beer Fates were watching over me when I complained about the dearth of beer coupons in the Total Wine flyers lately. What did I find in the very next Total Wine flyer? Well an honest-to-goodness $1 off coupon, good for any 4-pack or 6-pack of beer priced at $6.99 or more (excluding products whose prices end in “7”…whatever).

I’m in that strange time of year here at Beer Rant HQ, folks. The weather is cooperating and the ambient daytime temperature is in the 50’s so I can stock up on beer. I’m also heading in to that time of year when the in-laws visit and that’s the time of year when there’s no beer drinking while the folks are around. (Granted, I can make all the stops at Old World Brewery that I want to.) The dilemma: Balancing the amount of beers in the ready room (the fridge) versus the number of days I have until the folks actually arrive. I’m told wheels down this trip will be Monday or Tuesday of next week so I’m carefully balancing out what’s in the garage cabinet against what’s chilling in the batter’s box. And in keeping with this bit of a bind, I only picked up two six-packs today at Total Wine (both qualified for the $1 off, of course). What’d I get? Well, a six pack of Kalamazoo Stout from Bells Brewing and a six-pack of Odell Red Ale. One I know (Kalamazoo Stout) and one’s new to me (Red Ale). I figure, even if I’m wrong, I’ll only be half wrong! (Yes, the Bells is not a Western Beer. I didn't say I'd give up "other" beers completely.)

I’d planned to toss in some Quick Riffs but this is already long enough. Check back for some Quick Riffs next time around.

No comments:

Colorado Beer Facts

Denver Colorado Beer Facts