Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Old World Beers Out in the Big World!

I neglected to mention that during our recent foray to the Scottsdale Whole Foods Market a few weeks back, I espied bottles of Old World Brewing product on the shelf.

Hmmm. What do I see on that shelf, cozied up next to the likes of Pabst Blue Ribbon, Rogue's Dead Guy, and Sonoran Victory IPA, Corona and Bud Light Lime? Why it's Old World's Irish Red Ale, Nitro Blonde Ale, Old World Wit and Dark Knight Porter. Literally a style to suit any taste.

I guess that little brewery just off the airstrip at Deer Valley is really coming into its own. Reminds me, it's been a month or more since I stopped in for a glass of something cold. That's too long. But if I continue to see their beers on more store shelves around town, will I drop into the tap room as frequently if I can just buy bombers at the store? No worry there. Seems like the best of both worlds.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BREWER!

4 comments:

Good Burp said...

Amen brother! I have yet to see a bottle of Old World on the store shelves. But when I do, I will be sure to buy a bottle or two.

I love those guys, and I support them as much as I can. Patrick is in this thing to the end. And I hope it never comes to an end.

Lets meet up at Old World for a pint sometime.

-Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I just saw this at the same Whole Foods a few weeks ago! Small world. And, apparently, an old one. I was happy to see them.

Michael said...

Good Burp, Beer Einstein, it seems we ply our trade in the same neck of the woods. We're bound to cross paths eventually, right?

Good Burp said...

I'm sure we have spilled a little beer on eachother at a beerfest in the past.

It might be time to have a "sit down" and duscuss the business of beer in our hometown.

Colorado Beer Facts

Denver Colorado Beer Facts