Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day (tomorrow)!

Since one never knows what may happen on the ‘morrow, I’ll wish you a Happy Saint Patrick’s Day today!

I’m a descendant of the John Moriarity and Catherine O’Hoolihan of County Curry and County Cork so I understand. You’ll forgive me if I get a bit pissed tomorrow. (I should also point out that tomorrow is my grandson's first birthday! Oh blessed day!)

I sampled a bit of Rogue Kells Irish Lager and (of course) some Guinness (brewed in Canada for cripe’s sake) today.

It occurs to me that I’ve not done a sampling for Guinness Extra Stout. I’ll do one later. Meantime, here’s one for the Rogue Irish Lager.

Pours apricot yellow and a bit cloudy. Lager thin head with a faintly sour smell. Slightly thicker mouth feel than I expected. Absolutely no distinct taste up front at all. The label says “…apple crisp finish,” but I’m not feeling it. Only a bit later did I detect a faint hint of apple in the finish.


Not something I’ll rush out to buy again, lads and lasses.


1 comment:

Mikey said...

Mmm love Kell's

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Colorado Beer Facts

Denver Colorado Beer Facts