Thursday, March 18, 2010

Coming Attractions...Eddies: The Documentary

The Padded Envelope, Please

A few weeks ago a gentleman (Mike Peterson) posted a comment here regarding a documentary film he’d made entitled Eddies: A Documentary asking if I’d be willing to view a copy and post comments here on Beer Rant.
“Free stuff?” asked I.

Well a padded envelope arrived from Calgary, Alberta, Canada today and, I opened it over a glass of Guinness (left over from St. Patrick’s Day and in the process of doing a head-to-head tasting between Guinness Stout and Obsidian Stout. The research never stops here at Beer Rant HQ, folks.)

In the brief cover letter, Director/Producer Mike Peterson indicates that Fresh Dog Productions will have a website “up and running soon,” but in the meantime, here’s some of the dope on Fresh Dog and their film Eddies: The Documentary:

Big Rock Brewery is the sponsor of the Eddies competition. I’m putting out feelers to see if their beer is available in the States. If not, I feel a beer trade coming on!

There’s a nice (and very recent) review of Eddies: The Documentary at the wonderfully named Bad Lit. Read it and be jealous that I have a review copy.

IMDB has a listing for Fresh Dog Productions but Eddies: The Documentary is not listed there.

The Event

I’m thinking I really need to stage some sort of slick screening, maybe invite some other drunks and a couple movie buffs that I know, have them fill out comment cards, swig Canadian beers and then I’ll post the results here along with embarrassing photos. Hmmm. Let me think that over. (I haven’t had to do a drywall patch since my kids moved out of the house. Hope I still know how. Well, with grandkids coming up through the ranks, I need to practice, right?)

The Deal

In the letter Mike Peterson also indicates that he’ll send “one or two copies” of Eddies: The Documentary to readers of Beer Rant. I think that’s pretty cool. So, here’s what I’ll do: the first two Beer Rant Followers who post a comment with their mailing information will have their mailing information forwarded to Mr. Peterson and he’ll mail you a copy of the documentary. Your address information won’t be published in the comments section, I promise. (That’s a hint for all you non followers looking for free swag: if you want a copy of the documentary and you’re not one of my roughly 2 dozen followers, you need to sign on as a follower before you chum for the free copy of the documentary.) I’m throwing this deal out before having actually seen the documentary myself; that way you’ll go in with an open mind just as I am going in with an open mind. If nobody steps forward to claim the generously offered copies of the documentary, I’ll try to secure a couple copies for the folks attending the screening.

Stay tuned…..
(Spoiler alert: I liked the Deschutes Obsidian Stout a great deal more than the Guinness.)

1 comment:

Mike Everleth said...

Hope you like the film! I just wanted to let you know that there is indeed an IMDB page for Eddies:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470818/

Colorado Beer Facts

Denver Colorado Beer Facts