Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Two bloggers walk into a bar...."

You know how sometimes you’ll enter an unfamiliar drinking establishment or pub – probably in an unfamiliar town where you don’t know anyone and magically strike up a friendly conversation with a couple of locals sitting at the bar? That sort of thing requires a little give on the part of both parties: you the outsider and them, the comfortable local minding their own business. The local may be surprised at your intrusion but the talk is easy and friendly and no doubt there is some common ground to allow the talk to flow. (Reminds me I should post something about a nice conversation I had with “Yosemite” at the Appalachian Brewing Company in Gettysburg, PA a couple years back.)

Take this scenario into the world of blogging and beer-blogging in particular and you’ll start to grasp the bit of camaraderie I’ve felt at the reception given me by the guy over at Lagerheads: Where drunkenness meets the sublimely absurd (Also known as A Roughneck’s Take On Beer). You can drop in here: http://lagerheads.blogspot.com/

The very first evening that I put together Beer Rant, I dropped them an email over at Lagerheads and they very kindly replied with a request that I send them a link so they could visit and have a look. I waited a few weeks so as to get some items posted before sending them the link. Well, they have dropped by and have graciously made a post about Beer Rant on their blog. I think that’s pretty cool. And as an unrelated aside: I received some good advice, too. After all, what better person to get input from than someone who knows the lay of the land so to speak?


Thank you, Lagerheads, for making a new guy feel welcome!

No comments:

Colorado Beer Facts

Denver Colorado Beer Facts