Saturday, March 22, 2008

Remembering A-1...And Their Ball Team!

I can't say I really liked A-1 beer the time I tried it, but then again, I was under age and the A-1 was warm -possibly stolen - I don't remember exactly. What I do remember is that the cans had pictures of famous figures from western history on them; the Bill Williams Mountain Man, I think. I wish I'd saved a can or two.

You see, A-1 beer, an authentic Arizona beer, is defunct now, gone after being swallowed up by some larger brewer. That's sad. It's sad that we only miss the skunky, working man beers when they're gone forever. I still see six packs of Schlitz in cans on the store of the local grocery store - maybe I should buy a set for old time sake....come to think of it, I don't think I've actually tried Schlitz. (How is it that Schlitz has managed to hang on all these years? Is their beer like the Colonel's chicken? You know, with the "secret ingredient that makes you crave it fortnightly, smartass!")

Anyway, the real reason for this musing about A-1 beer is to provide a suitable forum to share this nifty photo of some of the A-1 women's baseball team from the late 1940s. I think it's cool and makes me wish even more that A-1 was still around....and their ball team, too.

No comments:

Colorado Beer Facts

Denver Colorado Beer Facts