Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dumb Silence

Haven't posted anything since the packaging missive - mother-in-law is visiting from out of town. I have a collection of beers from a Montana brewer to review, as well as something I picked up on Camp Pendleton several months ago (no, not the clap) - probably ought to jump straight to that, lest it spoil, eh? There's also a bottle or two of something from a brewer who used to brew in Breckenridge, Colorado and some sorghum beer made by our friends at Budweiser. Suppose I ought to get off my duff but it's difficult rolling out the beer tasting apparati when the strongest thing your mother-in-law has seen you drink is black coffee! (Oh, don't judge me! You don't know me!)

Maybe a post regarding the phenomenon of the "beer fridge" that is seen in so many sitcoms and beer commercials. Is it real, or is it myth? I don't have one, but probably should. Problem is, where I live, the climate runs in the 105 degree range part of the year and seems to verge on the fringe of 400 degrees in the hottest, nastiest parts of July and August. A beer fridge in the garage would run constantly under those conditions and given the electricity consumption required, the cops would probably descend on my place thinking I'm running a grow house.


I'll finesse my beer-tasting notes and post the blank form here for future reference and include some blue collar tasting notes, too. Above all, this is for the regular joe beer drinker and even more than that, it's for me...it's therapy. Cheap therapy, one six-pack at a time!

I'll leave you with an image from happier times......oh, a Shiner and a Smile. Sure I got a Shiner, but you should see the other guy!

No comments:

Colorado Beer Facts

Denver Colorado Beer Facts